I continued to be frustrated with my boss's boss all day yesterday for only handing out criticisms and never compliments. this is because I was criticized again yesterday. now I know that I am not supposed to be on the internet....but we have a company intranet that is supposed to be ok for all to read. so yesterday I was sitting at my desk waiting for some processes to finish.....this takes about 20 minutes each time I do it. so being bored and not wanting to walk around and bug other people, I read some stuff on our internal intranet site. of course murphy's law kicks in and bossman walks behind me. he taps me on the shoulder and tells me to watch myself. I had to ask him what he was talking about since I really had no idea. then he points at the computer screen. at this point I tell him that I am on the internal company intranet thinking that he didn't realize this. he says that he knows but that I really need to be careful. so apparently even though I get my work done in a very reasonable time frame, help other people who are buried with their work, and am following company procedure and keeping up to date on news on our local intranet that is not good enough. really frustrating. all that happens is that i spend all day being pissed off and getting much less work done. if he would take the time to tell me when I do a good job once in a while, I would work even harder. but instead he just criticizes everything and so I work much less hard. I still get my work done but I could be helping out so much more. I try not to do this but it is hard.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home