So my weekend was great!!! Julie and I with our guys went to Muskegon to surprise our dad for his 60th birthday. It was great. He had no idea that we were coming. We walked in while he was taking a nap. My parents were watching their friend’s dog for the weekend so she kind of gave us away. She is a yappy dog. Oh well...my dad was still shocked. So all is good. Then Julie and I gave him a scrapbook that we had been working on for a while. It showed his life. We even had pictures that were taken of him when he was a baby. He hadn’t even seen most of these pictures. They were his mom’s pictures that he didn’t know about. He even teared up. We did so good!!!
On Monday, I had a procedure done in the hospital. A couple of weeks ago, I found out that I have a narrowing in the base of my throat and esophagus. So Monday, they put a scope down my throat to see what was causing that narrowing. Found out that the narrowing was caused by acid reflux that I have had over the years and didn’t know about it. So while they were in there with the scope, they inflated a balloon to open the narrowing. This is a good thing because they fixed my problem. I should now be able to swallow pills without choking on them and eat food without having it get stuck. All good things!! But the 2 bad things were…I remember the whole procedure….it was horrible!! I felt like I was gagging the whole time. But that is over with now…good thing. The last bad thing is that even though I was told before that I had acid reflux….I never felt it. Now I feel it all the time and it kills!!! I am taking medicine for it but it won’t go away. Monday was so painful. Basically, they stretched open the esophagus which caused it to be sore/raw and then I have acid coming up from my stomach and hitting that area. OUCH!! It hurt to just breath on Monday. Luckily that is slowly subsiding. Plus the Tylenol 3 with Codeine is helping. Drugs are my friends right now. I am back at work today. Always interesting working while on Tylenol 3. I keep falling asleep. At least I have an excuse. Luckily my boss is out of the office today.
And I also have to say….bn is the most wonderful boyfriend!!! He took Monday afternoon off of work and took care of me. He did have to leave for a little while on Monday night but waited until Jody could come over and stay with me. He didn’t want to leave me alone and said that if Jody couldn’t come by that he would stay with me. Then, I slept on the recliner on Monday night and he slept on the couch so that if I needed anything he would be right there. He even told me that I could throw something on him to wake him up if I needed anything.
I guess I should get some work done.
On Monday, I had a procedure done in the hospital. A couple of weeks ago, I found out that I have a narrowing in the base of my throat and esophagus. So Monday, they put a scope down my throat to see what was causing that narrowing. Found out that the narrowing was caused by acid reflux that I have had over the years and didn’t know about it. So while they were in there with the scope, they inflated a balloon to open the narrowing. This is a good thing because they fixed my problem. I should now be able to swallow pills without choking on them and eat food without having it get stuck. All good things!! But the 2 bad things were…I remember the whole procedure….it was horrible!! I felt like I was gagging the whole time. But that is over with now…good thing. The last bad thing is that even though I was told before that I had acid reflux….I never felt it. Now I feel it all the time and it kills!!! I am taking medicine for it but it won’t go away. Monday was so painful. Basically, they stretched open the esophagus which caused it to be sore/raw and then I have acid coming up from my stomach and hitting that area. OUCH!! It hurt to just breath on Monday. Luckily that is slowly subsiding. Plus the Tylenol 3 with Codeine is helping. Drugs are my friends right now. I am back at work today. Always interesting working while on Tylenol 3. I keep falling asleep. At least I have an excuse. Luckily my boss is out of the office today.
And I also have to say….bn is the most wonderful boyfriend!!! He took Monday afternoon off of work and took care of me. He did have to leave for a little while on Monday night but waited until Jody could come over and stay with me. He didn’t want to leave me alone and said that if Jody couldn’t come by that he would stay with me. Then, I slept on the recliner on Monday night and he slept on the couch so that if I needed anything he would be right there. He even told me that I could throw something on him to wake him up if I needed anything.
I guess I should get some work done.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home