Another crazy weekend….
My parents were in town. My mom wanted to go wedding dress shopping for my sister. my sis found one. Yeah!! And it is beautiful!! We are going to look at bridesmaid dresses this Saturday. It is finally feeling like my sister is getting married.
It was somewhat of a stressful weekend for me. For some reason, my mom knows how to bring out my anxieties and frustrations. I know why….but I can’t seem to stop it. she does things that I have worked very hard at changing within myself though my years of therapy. So when I see her doing them, it hits a tension spot in me. I feel her anxieties and nervousness as if they are my own…then they do become my own. I am trying really hard to accept the fact that her issues are not mine any more but that is easier said than done. The hardest one for me to deal with is her constant talking. This is something she has always done and it is something that I did for many, many years. Over the last 2 years I have worked really hard to stop doing it. but when I am around someone who just talks and talks…..it is hard to not feel their anxieties in me. Not sure if this makes sense or not. The best example that I have is when someone is crying; it is hard not to feel that sadness inside yourself. With my mom…..it is even harder since I lived with it for so many years and I did take those traits on myself for many more years. so this is something that i will continue to work on for a long time to come.
My friend who is watching oreo while I am out of town came by on Sunday with her boy. I wanted her to give him his shot to see how he would do with her. It went really well. Oreo was kind of taken by surprise but didn’t try to bite her so that is good. she even played with him and he seemed to take well to that. I have been having problems with oreo jumping when I give him the shot in his behind. My friend checked with her sister (who is a veterinary technician) about this and was surprised that I was giving it to him there. Apparently if it goes into the muscle, it can sting him….hence the jumping. I talked to the vet today and they said I could start giving it to him in the scruff area where I am grabbing him to hold him still. So I will start that tonight. Thanks for the advice… ;)
My parents were in town. My mom wanted to go wedding dress shopping for my sister. my sis found one. Yeah!! And it is beautiful!! We are going to look at bridesmaid dresses this Saturday. It is finally feeling like my sister is getting married.
It was somewhat of a stressful weekend for me. For some reason, my mom knows how to bring out my anxieties and frustrations. I know why….but I can’t seem to stop it. she does things that I have worked very hard at changing within myself though my years of therapy. So when I see her doing them, it hits a tension spot in me. I feel her anxieties and nervousness as if they are my own…then they do become my own. I am trying really hard to accept the fact that her issues are not mine any more but that is easier said than done. The hardest one for me to deal with is her constant talking. This is something she has always done and it is something that I did for many, many years. Over the last 2 years I have worked really hard to stop doing it. but when I am around someone who just talks and talks…..it is hard to not feel their anxieties in me. Not sure if this makes sense or not. The best example that I have is when someone is crying; it is hard not to feel that sadness inside yourself. With my mom…..it is even harder since I lived with it for so many years and I did take those traits on myself for many more years. so this is something that i will continue to work on for a long time to come.
My friend who is watching oreo while I am out of town came by on Sunday with her boy. I wanted her to give him his shot to see how he would do with her. It went really well. Oreo was kind of taken by surprise but didn’t try to bite her so that is good. she even played with him and he seemed to take well to that. I have been having problems with oreo jumping when I give him the shot in his behind. My friend checked with her sister (who is a veterinary technician) about this and was surprised that I was giving it to him there. Apparently if it goes into the muscle, it can sting him….hence the jumping. I talked to the vet today and they said I could start giving it to him in the scruff area where I am grabbing him to hold him still. So I will start that tonight. Thanks for the advice… ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home