I have my review coming up in august (don’t know exactly when). And I have been preparing myself for it. I don't want to get all emotional and I have found that the more that I say the things I want to say during it, the less emotional I feel.
I have decided that even though I will defend myself in certain areas that I'm pretty sure will come up, I am going to just keep telling my boss that I am happy with my work performance both in the speed of my work and the quality. I will admit that there is always room for improvement but that is true in everyone and in all aspects of my life. Overall I am pleased with my performance. So I am just going to keep telling him that regardless of what his opinions are.
in all fairness, i have never had a review with this supervisor and don't know what he thinks. so i may be preparing for the worst and it will be just fine. if that is the case, then great. but i know that my team leader has some input into my review and we have a very big disagreement on a design issue. neither one of us is wrong and we have different reasons why we want to do it different ways...normally this is a good thing...it gets people talking about other alternatives but my team leader believes that his way is the only way....therefore i am wrong. so like i said....i don't know what my boss thinks of my work but i do want to be ready for anything.
I have decided that even though I will defend myself in certain areas that I'm pretty sure will come up, I am going to just keep telling my boss that I am happy with my work performance both in the speed of my work and the quality. I will admit that there is always room for improvement but that is true in everyone and in all aspects of my life. Overall I am pleased with my performance. So I am just going to keep telling him that regardless of what his opinions are.
in all fairness, i have never had a review with this supervisor and don't know what he thinks. so i may be preparing for the worst and it will be just fine. if that is the case, then great. but i know that my team leader has some input into my review and we have a very big disagreement on a design issue. neither one of us is wrong and we have different reasons why we want to do it different ways...normally this is a good thing...it gets people talking about other alternatives but my team leader believes that his way is the only way....therefore i am wrong. so like i said....i don't know what my boss thinks of my work but i do want to be ready for anything.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home