Mitten's Journal

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

I had a very interesting weekend. My parents were visiting. Friday night, they went with us (my sister, her guy, bn, and I) to summerdance. My mom had one glass of wine and was getting loopy!! It was hilarious! She was giggling at everything. After the dancing was done, we all heading back up north to my neighborhood. It was only 9:45 when we got out of the cabs. So it was decided that we would go to the bar a block away. This is where things got really interesting….my mom had 2 more glasses of her own wine, then she kept stealing my sister’s wine/drinks. My parents ended up dancing the polka at the bar. It was the funniest thing I have seen in years. We left the bar at 1:30am. My mom was amazed that we were up that late.

The next morning, my mom had a headache (big shocker there). It was funny. She kept saying how she didn’t know how she could have had a headache after only drinking 3 glasses of wine. That was when I reminded her that she was also drinking Julie’s drinks. All she said is oh…

We just relaxed the rest of the day. Had lunch with Julie, mom, and dad. Then we had a father’s day BBQ at Julie and Bill’s place. Bn’s parents joined us. The big meeting of the parents went pretty well. Dinner was great! It was an early night.

My parents left on Sunday morning. We had dinner with Bn’s family on father’s day. It was nice. I am feeling more comfortable around them now.

As for work…not much has changed here. I am still having issues with the guy who scraped my work. We haven’t talked since Thursday. I am getting close to being done with all my other work so I will probably have to bite the bullet soon and see if he has anything to work on that he trusts me with. He may tell me no, in which case I will go to my boss to see if he has anything for me.

Should be interesting…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home