Mitten's Journal

Thursday, June 17, 2004

So…I came about a half a heartbeat away from quitting my job today. I am still frustrated but at least the sane part of my brain reminded me that I have bills to pay and that I can’t quit until I have another job.

I had yesterday off of work for doctor’s appointments. Nothing serious just follow up visits. So when I got to work today, my “team leader” started telling me about all the mistakes that I made on my modeling. I asked him to look at one thing on the day that I was gone. Even told him that I wasn’t finished checking everything yet. So what does he do…he decides that I have made a ton of errors and that he was going to start over and fix everything. He scraps everything that I have done over the last 2 weeks and starts from scratch. I find this all out when I walk in the door today. Always a good way to start the day. I started defending what I had done and pointing out that I told him it wasn’t complete yet and that I had not checked it but that it was on my list for today. I was so close to telling him “fine if you don’t need me then I guess I will find another job, Good-bye” but then some sanity kicked in and I have decided to ignore him the rest of the day.

Needless to say…I am now really motivated to find a new job. I really need to get out of here. All I have heard in the last week is how I keep screwing up. The problem is that I have been hearing that so much lately that I am starting to believe that I can’t do anything right. This is a really bad environment for me to be in. I feel like I am in a type of abusive relationship. I mean that if it were a husband telling his wife that everything she does is wrong, most people would call that abuse. Well that is how I feel right now. I can do no right here. So I need to move on.

That being said…it is my goal to search monster and other websites just to find companies in Chicago that hire project managers (preferably in an engineering company) and start calling them to see if they have openings. If anyone is reading this and knows of any such companies, please let me know!!! Thanks!!!

Luckily I have my cooking class tonight so I can unwind. It’s a class that is all about Summer Vegetables. I’m really looking forward to it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home