Mitten's Journal

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Wow…it is so draining to spend a day with 6 kids….especially when the oldest is 6 years old.  Yesterday I took a vacation day so that I could spend it with my cousins, aunt and uncle.  My 2 cousins have 6 kids between them.  the 3 oldest are boys.  And crazy!!!  At least one of them instigates the others all the time.  The 2 girls and the baby aren’t that bad.  For the most part, the girls take you with them when they go places.  And the baby doesn’t wander at all.  We went to Navy Pier and the Field Museum with them.  last night we went to my sister’s place for a BBQ.  That went pretty well…except for my one cousin-in-law who doesn’t watch what the boys are doing.  He was with the boys in the dining room playing cards.  Well during that time, the boys were standing on the very nice dining room chairs.  These chairs have a light beige upholstered seat.  The boys were standing on these chairs with their dirty shoes.  My cousin-in-law didn’t say anything to them about not doing that.  So now there are some faint shoe prints on the chairs.  I love my family but wow they can drive me batty!!!
 
I also realized during this visit that all of my family is crazy.  They all need to learn to relax.  My favorite part was when my aunt would say things about her daughter, mainly about how she asks a ton of questions all the time.  Example…my cousin called me on Sunday evening to find out the plans for the next day.  Well….i told her that we could do whatever they wanted to since they were the visitors.  That was fine…they wanted to go to navy pier.  Then she wanted to know exactly how we were going to get there and how we were going to get back and then how we were going to get up to my place that evening for dinner.  I pointed out that Julie and I were meeting them at their hotel and that we could figure it all out then.  That didn’t fly so we spent the next 10 minutes going through the details.  We finally got to the part about them heading to my place.  She wanted to know exactly how we would get there.  I again pointed out that Julie and I would be with them so we could show them how to get there.  She didn’t like it but gave in on that one.  Too much drama.
 
They also wanted to know exactly what our plans were for Julie’s wedding.  We pointed out that it was a year away and that we didn’t know that yet.  Again…that didn’t fly…so we spent the rest of the day reiterating that we didn’t know.

I love my family but they are insane!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home