Mitten's Journal

Monday, August 09, 2004

What a weekend….

Went to summerdance on Friday night. Why is it that when people get drunk they become jerks? I was out dancing and this couple was dancing all over each other (like dirty dancing type) right by the stage. Then the guy decides to lift the girls legs over his back….and I end up with a pair of heels about 3 inches from my face. I tell the guy nicely that you shouldn’t do lifts like that on the social dance floor….i expected to have him say something like oh sorry…..but no….he starts asking me who the fuck I am and such…and that I can’t tell him what to do….this goes on for the rest of the song. I decided at the time that it was better to just not say anything after that because I realized that he was very drunk and we were right by the stage. I did watch him for a while afterwards and he didn’t do any more lifts. So that is good. But what a jerk. Some part of me wishes that I had gotten into it with him, I mean I knew there were a bunch of people there who had my back but then the rational part of my brain said it wasn’t worth it….especially since he did do what I said even though he was an ass about it. Other than that, I had a nice time there.

Saturday, a group of us went canoeing. Ben and I found out that we can’t keep a canoe going straight…but we finished eventually. And had a great time doing it. At one point we tied our canoes together to form a barge so that we could eat lunch. During this time, Ben’s sister called to tell us that she got engaged. After congratulating her, I asked if they were thinking about July 2nd (my sister’s wedding is that day)….but luckily they are looking at the fall. After canoeing we went to one of the couple’s houses for dinner, drinks, and generally hanging out. Had a wonderful time. I got to know some of the Ultimate Frisbee group a little better than I did before. They are a great group of people.

Sunday, Ben and I went to a cheerleading event outside of Sox Park. One of Ben’s 2nd cousins was in it. Then we went to the game. Really hot. Then had dinner with his family.

Overall a very tiring but fun weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home