So I have one thing to say…statistics suck!!!!
I have a project to do at work that involves all types of statistics. I don’t know what it is about this subject but no matter how many times I look at it, it still doesn’t make sense. It’s like I am starting over from the beginning every time I have to work with it. The problem is that there are so many tests that you can use on a set of data. And of course, everyone had to name these different tests after themselves. There is the Levene Test, McNemar’s Test, Bonferroni, Sidak, Tukey, and Scheffe just to name a few. which makes it hard to know what they are about. Plus there are a bunch of other tests that can be done…t-test, f-test, one-way ANOVA, and many, many more.
There are some statistics that I use on a regular basis, such as calculating the average and standard deviation of data. I don’t have a problem with these as I use them all the time. As for the other ones, I only use them about once every 5 years. So needless to say, I forget them. and now I get to relearn them yet again. The textbooks on this subject are not user friendly neither are the computer programs that we are supposed to use on them.
Basically I am starting at the beginning yet again…I really need a private tutor to help me out.
I have a project to do at work that involves all types of statistics. I don’t know what it is about this subject but no matter how many times I look at it, it still doesn’t make sense. It’s like I am starting over from the beginning every time I have to work with it. The problem is that there are so many tests that you can use on a set of data. And of course, everyone had to name these different tests after themselves. There is the Levene Test, McNemar’s Test, Bonferroni, Sidak, Tukey, and Scheffe just to name a few. which makes it hard to know what they are about. Plus there are a bunch of other tests that can be done…t-test, f-test, one-way ANOVA, and many, many more.
There are some statistics that I use on a regular basis, such as calculating the average and standard deviation of data. I don’t have a problem with these as I use them all the time. As for the other ones, I only use them about once every 5 years. So needless to say, I forget them. and now I get to relearn them yet again. The textbooks on this subject are not user friendly neither are the computer programs that we are supposed to use on them.
Basically I am starting at the beginning yet again…I really need a private tutor to help me out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home