Mitten's Journal

Thursday, January 27, 2005

I actually have homework for my relaxation training. This is good thing but I haven’t had to do homework in 6 years to it feels kind of funny. I have to right an article about my thoughts/view on things that I have learned so far. This should be interesting because the only papers that I write now are lab reports…basically bullet points with some description. Engineers typically don’t want “nice” writing…as long as you get your point across they are happy.

So I found out that the guy I have been irritated with at work (the one who has missed 60 days and is always late/leaves early), is actually trying to get fired. He admitted that to some coworkers. He is getting his master’s degree and has to stay here for 2 years afterwards so that he doesn’t have to pay it back. He will be done with it at the end of this semester. He wants to leave here but doesn’t want to quit so he is trying to get fired. Funny how my company won’t fire someone who is trying to get fired. I wonder what it would take to get fired.

I did hear rumor that there are talks happening around the company by our high ups….the last time this happened, we had layoffs. In some ways, I hope this happens and that I am one of them. it would be a hit to my ego to have this happen but in the end it would probably be better for me. I probably won’t know more for a while yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home