One of my closest friends lives in Florida. The thing that I sometimes find ironic is that in some ways we have become better friends because she lives so far away. It has forced us to keep in contact through email mostly. Sometimes that situation causes friendships to dissolve but I think in this case it has helped us get closer than we may have been if she still lived in Chicago. Thank you for working with me to maintain our friendship. Of course....I wish we lived closer and could see each other more often.
I have been noticing that I am drifting away from my friends. I know most of that is my doing and the fact that I have Ben. But sometimes I feel like I am losing my connections with my friends. The funny part is the Ben encourages me to spend time with my friends…but after commuting 3 hours a day, being at work for 9 hours, and spending time with Ben, I am just too tired to make the effort to see other people. Plus to add to this, I really am a homebody. I like spending time at my place and just relaxing. The only problem is that I have a hard time fighting the inertia that settles in once I sit down.
So if any of my friends read this and wonder why they never hear from me, I’m sorry and I will try harder to keep in touch.
I have been noticing that I am drifting away from my friends. I know most of that is my doing and the fact that I have Ben. But sometimes I feel like I am losing my connections with my friends. The funny part is the Ben encourages me to spend time with my friends…but after commuting 3 hours a day, being at work for 9 hours, and spending time with Ben, I am just too tired to make the effort to see other people. Plus to add to this, I really am a homebody. I like spending time at my place and just relaxing. The only problem is that I have a hard time fighting the inertia that settles in once I sit down.
So if any of my friends read this and wonder why they never hear from me, I’m sorry and I will try harder to keep in touch.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home