So this weekend was busy but good. Had Ben’s office party on Friday. They go all out. It was fun. Got to dance some swing dancing a little. But they played the crappy swing songs. The lady in charge of setting up the party told the orchestra (yes orchestra) to play only 80’s music and to stay away from swing music. Now I like the 80’s but an office party should have some variety for everyone to enjoy. Basically she told them to play what she wanted to hear.
Saturday, we had 2 parties to go to. The first was a holiday party with Ben’s Frisbee friends. Really fun. I like hanging out with that group. They are all welcoming. And I appreciate that. The second was a bday party for a friend of mine. It is always good fun to go to a dive bar and listen to a live country band. They were too loud though. I guess that means I’m getting old. Oh well….i’m having a good time doing it so it’s fine by me.
Sunday, I painted more of our spare room. I really want to finish it up this weekend. Not sure if it will happen but I am going to really put in the effort. I want to put stuff away so bad. All our books and shelving stuff are in bags around our place.
We put up the xmas tree. Then we went to his family’s Hanukkah party. I like hanging out with them. they completely accept me and that is nice.
Tonight, my hopefully new company is meeting. We are going to hash out our brochures to give to people to tell them about our classes/workshops. I am so happy….so far 4 of my friends are coming to my workshop in January. This will be such a help to me so that I can get my training and start teaching my own classes sooner.
I have to start xmas shopping. I have ideas for most people but now I just have to get them. most are pretty easy so it shouldn’t be too bad. The hardest ones are my “nieces” (my best friend’s daughters). You would think it would be easy to buy gifts for 6, 3, and 1 year old girls but I’m not around them enough to know what they are into right now. Plus, I don’t know what they already have. I could just ask my friend but I like trying to get things that she doesn’t know about. I may have to give that up this year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home