So it’s the holiday season and things are a little crazy. Same as every other year. There are just too many things going on. In some ways I am glad that my company doesn’t have a holiday party any more. I don’t know how I would fit it in. Don’t get me wrong, all of these events are a blast but do they all have to happen in December? Why can’t we have a holiday party in august? I shouldn’t complain….i mean I do have wonderful friends who want to invite me to their events….thank you!!!
On a different note…I went to my friend’s holiday show on Thursday night…it is really good!! If you want to see a really messed up version of holiday short plays, go see Tiff and Mom and the Meaning of the Magi Gift Mix-Up at the Cornservatory (4210 N. Lincoln)…but hurry since the show only goes until December 17th.
Time for self promotion….always hard to do…my future business partners and I are putting on a Relaxation Training Workshop on January 8th. Here are the details…
Do you…
Grind your teeth?
Get headaches frequently?
Have problems with stress/anxiety?
Feel tired a lot of the time?
Have problems sleeping?
Have high blood pressure?
Have issues with indigestion or ulcers?
Well this workshop will help you learn to manage these issues, which are caused by stress in most cases.
My future business partners and I are conducting a Relaxation Training Workshop on January 8th.
What is Relaxation Training?
Relaxation training provides personal, portable skills to reduce and even prevent stress. It is a physical skill acquired through practice.
Each of us has our own personal stress "habit pattern" that is a series of muscle tensions with which we respond to the stressors in our lives. Many people may not even be aware of the sustained muscle tension. They may only be aware of the results of this muscle tension such as those listed above.
A tremendous amount of body energy is wasted each day to maintain chronic muscle tension. The consequent release of hormones, including adrenalin, speed up the heart rate and respiration, raise the blood pressure, and tense up the muscles. When people keep their bodies in a state of over-alertness 24 hours a day, they are overworking their bodies and are not as efficient as they can be.
The training is an instructional session that is non hands on. Participants learn information about stress management and prevention through instruction on how to identify tension and releasing it.
This workshop will be run by my instructor in Relaxation Training (I don’t want to put her name on this website but I can email it to anyone who is interested). This is part of my training before I change careers and get into this field.
About My Relaxation Lady...
She has been in private practice in the field of relaxation training for over 25 years. She trained with Edmond Jacobson, MD, PhD, and worked with him in his Chicago research laboratory and clinic. Her relaxation techniques are based on Jacobson's pioneering work in Progressive Relaxation and the psychophysiological responses to stress in the human body.
She was also a clinical instructor for the Northwestern University Dental School Behavioral Sciences Department and Director of Education for the National Foundation for Progressive Relaxation.
The details of this workshop...
This workshop will run on Saturday, January 8th (just after the holidays when we all really need to relax) from 10am-4pm. The special introductory cost will be $40. The location is still being firmed up but it will most likely be in the west loop area.
We have a limited number of available spots so please let me know if you are interested in joining us or would like to learn more about it.
On a different note…I went to my friend’s holiday show on Thursday night…it is really good!! If you want to see a really messed up version of holiday short plays, go see Tiff and Mom and the Meaning of the Magi Gift Mix-Up at the Cornservatory (4210 N. Lincoln)…but hurry since the show only goes until December 17th.
Time for self promotion….always hard to do…my future business partners and I are putting on a Relaxation Training Workshop on January 8th. Here are the details…
Do you…
Grind your teeth?
Get headaches frequently?
Have problems with stress/anxiety?
Feel tired a lot of the time?
Have problems sleeping?
Have high blood pressure?
Have issues with indigestion or ulcers?
Well this workshop will help you learn to manage these issues, which are caused by stress in most cases.
My future business partners and I are conducting a Relaxation Training Workshop on January 8th.
What is Relaxation Training?
Relaxation training provides personal, portable skills to reduce and even prevent stress. It is a physical skill acquired through practice.
Each of us has our own personal stress "habit pattern" that is a series of muscle tensions with which we respond to the stressors in our lives. Many people may not even be aware of the sustained muscle tension. They may only be aware of the results of this muscle tension such as those listed above.
A tremendous amount of body energy is wasted each day to maintain chronic muscle tension. The consequent release of hormones, including adrenalin, speed up the heart rate and respiration, raise the blood pressure, and tense up the muscles. When people keep their bodies in a state of over-alertness 24 hours a day, they are overworking their bodies and are not as efficient as they can be.
The training is an instructional session that is non hands on. Participants learn information about stress management and prevention through instruction on how to identify tension and releasing it.
This workshop will be run by my instructor in Relaxation Training (I don’t want to put her name on this website but I can email it to anyone who is interested). This is part of my training before I change careers and get into this field.
About My Relaxation Lady...
She has been in private practice in the field of relaxation training for over 25 years. She trained with Edmond Jacobson, MD, PhD, and worked with him in his Chicago research laboratory and clinic. Her relaxation techniques are based on Jacobson's pioneering work in Progressive Relaxation and the psychophysiological responses to stress in the human body.
She was also a clinical instructor for the Northwestern University Dental School Behavioral Sciences Department and Director of Education for the National Foundation for Progressive Relaxation.
The details of this workshop...
This workshop will run on Saturday, January 8th (just after the holidays when we all really need to relax) from 10am-4pm. The special introductory cost will be $40. The location is still being firmed up but it will most likely be in the west loop area.
We have a limited number of available spots so please let me know if you are interested in joining us or would like to learn more about it.

1 Comments:
Thanks for the Tiff and Mom shout-out. And I'm glad you liked the show!
MK
By
Indignant Mind, at 8:36 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home