Mitten's Journal

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Ok….it’s one of those days…..i just want to curl up in a ball and shut out the world.

My allergies are driving me insane. I have been sneezing constantly for days. I’m so tired of it I want to cry. I’m tired of taking medicine that doesn’t really work…or if it does, it knocks me out, which is how I feel right now. I’m irritable since I feel miserable….so I keep snapping at people…ben included (sorry about that). It’s not anyone’s fault but I just want to take it out on everyone.

Then to top it off…my cat’s having issues with his allergies again. More money down the drain. I love my cat (obviously or I wouldn’t do all of this for him) but I am sick of spending so much money just to have something else go wrong. He has been battling allergy problems for years. He gets sores (similar to cold sores) on his face and they itch, which just makes them worse. We had finally come up with a solution that helped….he would get a shot of steroids every 2-3 months. Then the sore would go away in about a day and not show up for another 2-3 months. All was good. Then he got diabetes. The problem with the diabetes is that he can’t get the shot of steroids anymore. Apparently it completely messes up his sugar levels if he gets the steroids. So the next solution is to find out what he is allergic to…..the vet dermatologist will perform a skin test (just like they do on people) to find out what he is allergic to and then give him allergy shots to desensitize him to those things. The vet dermatologist is only open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 8:30-3:30. I work during those times. So I wanted to find out if I could bring him in one day (take the day off of work) and get the testing done….get the medicine, and start giving him his shots. This would all work except I have to keep bringing him back for rechecks to monitor his progress. So that won’t work. She recommended 5 other vet dermatologists…but they are all in the suburbs. My frustration is in the fact that I try so hard to make this cat better but no matter what I do….something new either happens or office hours don’t work for me or something else. Plus I just can’t afford to keep fixing all of these things. The skin testing visit alone will cost $300-400. I have spent over $1500 already in the last 2 months on Oreo. I love him but this is insane. Don’t get me wrong…..i will keep paying it if it will get him better but I just don’t know if any of this is actually helping him. Basically, I’m burned out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home