It is a real hassle getting places to donate gift certificates or small items to a nonprofit agency. I am on the committee at the National Runaway Switchboard to set up our holiday party. I am trying to get some giveaways for our volunteers. I spent 3 hours on Sunday going to McDonald’s, Caribou Coffee, Dunkin Donuts, Einstein Bagels, Subway, Quiznos, and a couple of candy stores to get stuff. I had a formal letter from the switchboard and a copy of our Tax Exemption status. In most cases, I had to leave the letter with someone so that they could give it to the people who would make the decision. This is very understandable. But I do not know that person’s name and have not heard back from any of them. So now I will be making a bunch of phone calls tomorrow to follow up with all the different places. Even if they can’t donate, I wish they would just get back to me to tell me.
There was one wonderful exception to this. The candy store/ice cream shop across the street from me donated a 25 lb box of xmas tree shaped pretzels dipped in white chocolate. They also gave me enough bags and ribbon to make up some gift bags. So even though I have to assembly them….it was awesome. Thank you Windy City Sweets!!!
There was one wonderful exception to this. The candy store/ice cream shop across the street from me donated a 25 lb box of xmas tree shaped pretzels dipped in white chocolate. They also gave me enough bags and ribbon to make up some gift bags. So even though I have to assembly them….it was awesome. Thank you Windy City Sweets!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home