Ben and I saw Mamma Mia last night. It was the second time that I have seen it. and I loved it even more this time. ben actually said that it was either his first or second favorite of all time. I agree. It is just a great show and it is really funny. The whole audience was up dancing at the end. My favorite is Cats. Not necessarily because it is a great show but it has a history with me. I had the records of it (yes records) when I was a kid…and in high school I used some of the music for my gymnastics floor routine. Plus when you have a cat and understand the different personalities of them, the show really comes alive for you.
Anyway….Mamma Mia is great!!!
I have found out that it is sometimes beneficial to lose it with your boss’s boss. About 3 weeks ago, my boss had meetings with all the people in my area. Apparently we are being too loud and the perception is that we only goof off. We do joke around a lot but we are also getting our work done….but it is more important for us to show a good image. Ok fine I can deal with that. Now we just joke around a lot quieter. I’m still getting to the beneficial part….i have not been happy here for a while and if you read my blogs….you already know that. Well I am not very good at hiding how I feel….so the upper dudes have been picking up on it. during this meeting, he asked me if I even wanted to be here. I was honest and told him that it depended on the day. Some days yes but many days no. apparently this was hard for me because as I started to say it, I started crying. I hate it when I do that at work. I even started yelling at my boss asking him why he always gets me to the point where I cry. I also started venting about how unprofessional it was that I was crying. He told me not to worry about it….and that he has seen many people in higher positions than mine break down. After that we discussed everything else that was going on. I told him the frustrations that I was having and problems with my boss and other coworkers. He asked me to come to him if I start feeling this way again.
Well….i thought that all this would go in one ear and out the other (past experience)….but he has followed through on things. I know he talked to my boss about this. And now both my boss and his boss are constantly telling me when I do a good job on things. And encouraging me more. It is amazing what a difference that can make. I actually want to do a good job now. I haven’t felt that way in a long time. of course all this doesn’t change my plans but if I do change careers, at least now I won’t feel that I did it because I couldn’t hack it as an engineer. I will now be doing it because it is right for me.
Anyway….Mamma Mia is great!!!
I have found out that it is sometimes beneficial to lose it with your boss’s boss. About 3 weeks ago, my boss had meetings with all the people in my area. Apparently we are being too loud and the perception is that we only goof off. We do joke around a lot but we are also getting our work done….but it is more important for us to show a good image. Ok fine I can deal with that. Now we just joke around a lot quieter. I’m still getting to the beneficial part….i have not been happy here for a while and if you read my blogs….you already know that. Well I am not very good at hiding how I feel….so the upper dudes have been picking up on it. during this meeting, he asked me if I even wanted to be here. I was honest and told him that it depended on the day. Some days yes but many days no. apparently this was hard for me because as I started to say it, I started crying. I hate it when I do that at work. I even started yelling at my boss asking him why he always gets me to the point where I cry. I also started venting about how unprofessional it was that I was crying. He told me not to worry about it….and that he has seen many people in higher positions than mine break down. After that we discussed everything else that was going on. I told him the frustrations that I was having and problems with my boss and other coworkers. He asked me to come to him if I start feeling this way again.
Well….i thought that all this would go in one ear and out the other (past experience)….but he has followed through on things. I know he talked to my boss about this. And now both my boss and his boss are constantly telling me when I do a good job on things. And encouraging me more. It is amazing what a difference that can make. I actually want to do a good job now. I haven’t felt that way in a long time. of course all this doesn’t change my plans but if I do change careers, at least now I won’t feel that I did it because I couldn’t hack it as an engineer. I will now be doing it because it is right for me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home