I am still around…
I was off work for the weekend between xmas and new years. So nice. Went to visit my parents for xmas. Was a really nice time. and I finally leaped a hurdle in my own relaxation efforts with my mom. For some reason my mom can trigger the worst stress levels in me. Probably because I either do the things that she does or I used to do them and it is hard for me to see my mom still doing them. normally I end up exploding at some point during my visit home….but I have now learned how to change my reaction from a negative to a positive. Now instead of exploding…..i just told my mom that I love her. Or I would give her a goofy hug and she would start laughing. The best part about doing this is that my stress level and anxiety were almost nothing. It was actually fun to do. Plus she seemed to stop doing the things that she was doing when I would do this to her. Another benefit for her and me. So overall it was a good visit.
Then ben and I spent the rest of the week running errands and finishing up the den in our place. It is about 95% done. We just need to get some more shelf holders and then we can finish. I can’t wait. We have been working on it for a mont and a half now…..so it will be good to be done.
My first relaxation training workshop is this Saturday. I’m so excited about it. some of my friends are coming to it. this is a big step in making my career change so I can’t wait. I just found out today that another friend will be coming to it. thank you all for your support.
I was off work for the weekend between xmas and new years. So nice. Went to visit my parents for xmas. Was a really nice time. and I finally leaped a hurdle in my own relaxation efforts with my mom. For some reason my mom can trigger the worst stress levels in me. Probably because I either do the things that she does or I used to do them and it is hard for me to see my mom still doing them. normally I end up exploding at some point during my visit home….but I have now learned how to change my reaction from a negative to a positive. Now instead of exploding…..i just told my mom that I love her. Or I would give her a goofy hug and she would start laughing. The best part about doing this is that my stress level and anxiety were almost nothing. It was actually fun to do. Plus she seemed to stop doing the things that she was doing when I would do this to her. Another benefit for her and me. So overall it was a good visit.
Then ben and I spent the rest of the week running errands and finishing up the den in our place. It is about 95% done. We just need to get some more shelf holders and then we can finish. I can’t wait. We have been working on it for a mont and a half now…..so it will be good to be done.
My first relaxation training workshop is this Saturday. I’m so excited about it. some of my friends are coming to it. this is a big step in making my career change so I can’t wait. I just found out today that another friend will be coming to it. thank you all for your support.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home