Why is it that some people who are religious feel the need to push their beliefs on everyone else???? I am some what tainted on this issue. One of my girlfriends when I was growing up was very religious and had told me that I was going to hell because I didn’t believe the way that she did. Obviously this was not the right way to get me to see her thoughts and beliefs.
I was not brought up in a religious household….we went to church for weddings and funerals. That is it. My parents have never belonged to a church as long as I have been around. I went to church with my neighbor down the street for about a year when I was young. But that ended because I was made to feel dumb since I didn’t know anything about the bible or religion. All the kids gave me a hard time because I didn’t know anything. Again….why would I find religion beneficial when all my exposure to it was bad.
There is a reason that this has come up today. One of the ladies that I work with sent me an email about god and jesus. Normally this would just annoy me and I would let it go….but she had sent one to me a while ago and I talked with her about it. I told her that I didn’t want her to send me that type of email any more. I was very nice about it. She actually got upset with me that I didn’t believe in the type of god that she does. For the record….i believe that there is some type of higher power that has helped form the world and universe that we have but it is more of a spiritual thing than a religious thing. I don’t believe that the bible should be followed word for word…and I don’t believe that jesus is the son of god. If this offends anyone, I am sorry. So back to this lady…she was upset when I told her this. I figured that if she sent me an email about her beliefs that it opened the door for me to tell her mine. Anyways…today…I got another one of those emails…and it wasn’t like I was put on the email by mistake…she actually put a disclaimer at the top saying that she knew that some people didn’t have the same beliefs as her but she still wanted to share her beliefs with us. I decided to just delete the email…but obviously it has gotten to me. So I am venting here about it.
The part that she doesn’t realize is that I could take her to HR about this. I asked her not to send those but she continued anyway. That is considered harassment in my company. I won’t do that but I could.
Anyway….sorry to unload but I do feel better.
I was not brought up in a religious household….we went to church for weddings and funerals. That is it. My parents have never belonged to a church as long as I have been around. I went to church with my neighbor down the street for about a year when I was young. But that ended because I was made to feel dumb since I didn’t know anything about the bible or religion. All the kids gave me a hard time because I didn’t know anything. Again….why would I find religion beneficial when all my exposure to it was bad.
There is a reason that this has come up today. One of the ladies that I work with sent me an email about god and jesus. Normally this would just annoy me and I would let it go….but she had sent one to me a while ago and I talked with her about it. I told her that I didn’t want her to send me that type of email any more. I was very nice about it. She actually got upset with me that I didn’t believe in the type of god that she does. For the record….i believe that there is some type of higher power that has helped form the world and universe that we have but it is more of a spiritual thing than a religious thing. I don’t believe that the bible should be followed word for word…and I don’t believe that jesus is the son of god. If this offends anyone, I am sorry. So back to this lady…she was upset when I told her this. I figured that if she sent me an email about her beliefs that it opened the door for me to tell her mine. Anyways…today…I got another one of those emails…and it wasn’t like I was put on the email by mistake…she actually put a disclaimer at the top saying that she knew that some people didn’t have the same beliefs as her but she still wanted to share her beliefs with us. I decided to just delete the email…but obviously it has gotten to me. So I am venting here about it.
The part that she doesn’t realize is that I could take her to HR about this. I asked her not to send those but she continued anyway. That is considered harassment in my company. I won’t do that but I could.
Anyway….sorry to unload but I do feel better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home