Don’t you love it when you leave work one day and come in the next and the world is crashing around you? Well that happened today. I was pretty sure that this was going to happen though. Yesterday at the end of the day, I got an email from our customer about a quality issue with my parts. I forwarded this on to our quality engineer, program manager, and others. When I got in at 8am this morning, I had about 20 internal emails about this problem. A lot of it was addressed to others but some of it came my way. The one that confused me the most was from my boss’s boss. First off, I didn’t copy him on anything since this should be below his level. But my program manager copied him just as an fyi. No big deal really. Except that he then steps in to tell me exactly what I should be doing and how I should do my job. A lot of the things that he told me to do, I was already in the process of working on or emailing other about. The only reason he didn’t know this was that I didn’t copy him (nor should I have again it is below his level). As you might be able to pick up, I have issues with this supervisor. He doesn’t think much of my ability as an engineer and has no problem telling others what he thinks. On top of it all…. he is a micromanager. So much fun to work with. The other kicker is that this issue is a quality issue not an engineering issue so I shouldn’t be working on it at all. But if I point this out, it will look like I am pawning my work on others again (at least that is what this supervisor said recently in my review). So now I get to run around with my head cut off, searching for information that the quality person should be gathering, and performing analysis on a problem that really isn’t my problem in the first place.
Anyway…. thanks for listening to me complain.
Anyway…. thanks for listening to me complain.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home