It has been a crazy week. I celebrated Rosh Hashanah with Ben’s family on Wednesday night. It was pretty fun. I wasn’t the only non-Jew there for a change. It was pretty interesting because one of the other non-Jew’s had married a Jewish guy 3 months ago and I knew more about the religion than she did. My biggest advantage there was that one of my closest friends is Jewish and she has taught me a lot about it. Also, I ask Ben lots of questions. Ben told me that he is relearning a lot about his own religion because so that he can explain things to me.
I found out on Wednesday evening that Ben didn’t have to bowl on Thursday like I thought he had to. Since this was his birthday, I decided to send out a last minute email to our friends to see if anyone could make it out to celebrate. Amazingly, we had 10 people show up. Thank you to everyone for that. Luckily I had a vacation day on Friday. So I was able to stay out late for a change!!
Friday, I ran some errands and set up my plans for Ben’s birthday surprise on Saturday. All he knew was that we had plans. But that was all he knew. So Saturday, we did some things in the morning and then I set my plans in motion. Just as Ben was finishing getting ready, I told him that I had to run an errand…so I went across the street and got myself a shake. Then I sat in the window of the place to watch for Ben. I called him and told him that things were happening differently then he thought. There were 7 envelopes hidden under the pillow that I told him to get. After he got them, he had to follow the directions on them. Basically, I sent him on a scavenger hunt. The real reason behind it was so that I could get him out of the condo for a half an hour. While he was wandering around the city, I packed a bag for us for dinner clothes that night and for staying at a hotel.
I sent him to Garrett’s popcorn at Jackson and State. Then to Carson’s at Madison and State. He had to pick up stuff at each location. Then he went on to the Hotel Burnham at Washington and State. I gave him clues to get to each one. While he was doing all that, I packed a bag, checked into the hotel, dropped off the bag there, then headed down to the bar at the restaurant. When he got there, I told him that I picked that place since it was the old Reliance Building and a historical, architectural landmark. We had a drink at the bar then I handed him the key to our room. He was very surprised and impressed. It is a very nice hotel! They had a wine tasting from 5-6pm, which we availed ourselves of. Then we headed to dinner at the restaurant at the Millennium Park. Very nice but loud. We walked around the park after dinner then headed back to the hotel. Overall, a very great day!!!
We slept in on Sunday, and then had breakfast. We also had tickets that day to the Sox-Tigers game. Unfortunately, the Sox won. Even though I am not a big Tigers fan, I still had to root for the team from my home state!!!
There is one thing that I have been having a problem with at my condo. Someone in our building has been having an unattended candle lit in the hallway. It is located on the radiator but it could easily be bumped by someone or the door. Every time I see it, I blow it out but that doesn’t deter them. so yesterday, Ben and I had stopped by his old place to pick up some last things and it took us 3 trips up the stairs to bring it all in. During this time, I noticed that my asthma started flaring up again. Then I noticed that the candle was lit. Candles always have this affect on me when I am exerting myself. So I decided to put up a note. I asked the person to please not leave an unattended lit candle in the hallway, as it is unsafe. Plus I added that on a personal note, it was hard on my asthma. As of this morning, the candle and note were gone. I hate causing conflict in the building that I live in but this seemed like the right thing to do in this case. I would have just talked to the person who was doing it but I didn’t know who it was.
That is all the update for now. I really need to update my blogs more often that way it won’t be such a huge update each time. Hopefully someone made it this far in reading it.
I found out on Wednesday evening that Ben didn’t have to bowl on Thursday like I thought he had to. Since this was his birthday, I decided to send out a last minute email to our friends to see if anyone could make it out to celebrate. Amazingly, we had 10 people show up. Thank you to everyone for that. Luckily I had a vacation day on Friday. So I was able to stay out late for a change!!
Friday, I ran some errands and set up my plans for Ben’s birthday surprise on Saturday. All he knew was that we had plans. But that was all he knew. So Saturday, we did some things in the morning and then I set my plans in motion. Just as Ben was finishing getting ready, I told him that I had to run an errand…so I went across the street and got myself a shake. Then I sat in the window of the place to watch for Ben. I called him and told him that things were happening differently then he thought. There were 7 envelopes hidden under the pillow that I told him to get. After he got them, he had to follow the directions on them. Basically, I sent him on a scavenger hunt. The real reason behind it was so that I could get him out of the condo for a half an hour. While he was wandering around the city, I packed a bag for us for dinner clothes that night and for staying at a hotel.
I sent him to Garrett’s popcorn at Jackson and State. Then to Carson’s at Madison and State. He had to pick up stuff at each location. Then he went on to the Hotel Burnham at Washington and State. I gave him clues to get to each one. While he was doing all that, I packed a bag, checked into the hotel, dropped off the bag there, then headed down to the bar at the restaurant. When he got there, I told him that I picked that place since it was the old Reliance Building and a historical, architectural landmark. We had a drink at the bar then I handed him the key to our room. He was very surprised and impressed. It is a very nice hotel! They had a wine tasting from 5-6pm, which we availed ourselves of. Then we headed to dinner at the restaurant at the Millennium Park. Very nice but loud. We walked around the park after dinner then headed back to the hotel. Overall, a very great day!!!
We slept in on Sunday, and then had breakfast. We also had tickets that day to the Sox-Tigers game. Unfortunately, the Sox won. Even though I am not a big Tigers fan, I still had to root for the team from my home state!!!
There is one thing that I have been having a problem with at my condo. Someone in our building has been having an unattended candle lit in the hallway. It is located on the radiator but it could easily be bumped by someone or the door. Every time I see it, I blow it out but that doesn’t deter them. so yesterday, Ben and I had stopped by his old place to pick up some last things and it took us 3 trips up the stairs to bring it all in. During this time, I noticed that my asthma started flaring up again. Then I noticed that the candle was lit. Candles always have this affect on me when I am exerting myself. So I decided to put up a note. I asked the person to please not leave an unattended lit candle in the hallway, as it is unsafe. Plus I added that on a personal note, it was hard on my asthma. As of this morning, the candle and note were gone. I hate causing conflict in the building that I live in but this seemed like the right thing to do in this case. I would have just talked to the person who was doing it but I didn’t know who it was.
That is all the update for now. I really need to update my blogs more often that way it won’t be such a huge update each time. Hopefully someone made it this far in reading it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home