Mitten's Journal

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

A possible positive step in my search for a new job…I have found a company that is 3.5 miles from where I live. Much better than the 30 mile commute that I currently do. It is a plastics company and I have designed plastic components for 10 years. The only drawback here is that I have worked with injection molding as the manufacturing process and they use other methods such as extrusion. this is not a huge deal breaker since i have the background in plastics and can learn the other methods fairly easily. The bigger drawback is that they are currently not hiring for engineering. The lady that I talked to was very interested in me though. She was pleased that I have been working for 10 years in plastics. And she was completely understanding in my desire to reduce my commute. Overall she was easy to talk to and wants me to send in my resume so that she can keep it on file. Now I have heard that before but this lady seemed to genuinely be interested. I can only hope that I am right in my evaluation of her. She also said that I could check back in the future.

This will not stop my quest….i am going to continue to contact the other 7 companies on my list. Maybe I will find one who is hiring right now. But if not, I can at least make contact with more people to hopefully enhance my probability of landing something in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home