Mitten's Journal

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Denied again!!! I have tried for the 5 times in a year to give blood…and my iron was too low again. I have been doing everything that they have told me to do…take iron supplements, take vitamin C, eat red meat, fish, poultry, and raisins. And still my iron is too low. It is supposed to be at least 12.5, mine is 11.97.

It is almost like a challenge to me now. Originally I wanted to give blood so that I could find out my blood type. Pretty sad to be 33 years old and not know my blood type. But I found that out at my doctor so now it is just a challenge because they keep denying me. It is now out of my hands until next year. One of the islands that Ben and I are going to is a malaria country. So I won’t be able to try for another year.

The funny part is that when I got my blood checked at my doctor, my iron was in the middle of the range of acceptable levels. Oh well.

I am so lucky to have a friend who will stay at my place to take care of my cat for a whole week. It is a lot to ask someone to do for me. I mean she has to be there to give him shots in the morning and evening every day. Thank you Bashbaby, you are the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home