So this weekend was full of activities.
Had dinner with bashbaby on Friday. It was her birthday last week and I couldn't go out for it so I made it up to her this way. We had a great time. great conversation. Overall it was nice to be able to just sit and have dinner with a friend. The cool thing is that she has been going to see my relaxation lady for a month or so and I can already tell a difference in her. I’m so proud of her.
Saturday morning, I went on my "tour" of that company. It went really well. It is a very small company….they currently only have 1 engineer. So I would be one of 2 engineers there. I would have a lot of responsibility. Some even outside of engineering. I definitely wouldn't be bored. The manufacturing is located right there so I could walk out to see for myself how things were going. Personality wise, it is a great fit. Very relaxed. I could wear jeans every day. It is a 15 minute drive from my place or a 1/2 an hour bus ride straight west on Addison. The bus stop is directly in front of their offices. They were doing a pre-interview. Basically they are trying to get this new business and if they get it, they will need to bring someone in right away. So they wanted to have the interviews done before that. They should be finding out about it in the next month. And they told me that they were very interested in me and thought I would be a great fit for them. So we will see.
Saturday afternoon, Ben and I went bowling with some of his friends for a birthday party. Then that evening was another friend’s 30th birthday. It was an Alias themed birthday. We all wore wigs. Ironically, my sis and I both had purple wigs and didn't know the other got the same color. But it looked good on both of us.
Sunday morning (really early), Ben and I did the Hustle up the Hancock. We did the half one (816 stairs). I had to stop and rest about 4 times but we made it. We did it in about 16 minutes. We got to hang out at the top of the Hancock for a while then we went to this expo that they had going at one of the hotels in the area. We got home around noon (although it felt like it had to be 5pm) and just collapsed. I am a little sore today but not too bad. I’m really glad that I did it. and even though I have been telling myself that I won’t do it again, I think I may have to take that back. It was very rewarding and I may do it again next year. Who knows…maybe I will do the full one. I will just have to train more if I do.
Crazy weekend.
Had dinner with bashbaby on Friday. It was her birthday last week and I couldn't go out for it so I made it up to her this way. We had a great time. great conversation. Overall it was nice to be able to just sit and have dinner with a friend. The cool thing is that she has been going to see my relaxation lady for a month or so and I can already tell a difference in her. I’m so proud of her.
Saturday morning, I went on my "tour" of that company. It went really well. It is a very small company….they currently only have 1 engineer. So I would be one of 2 engineers there. I would have a lot of responsibility. Some even outside of engineering. I definitely wouldn't be bored. The manufacturing is located right there so I could walk out to see for myself how things were going. Personality wise, it is a great fit. Very relaxed. I could wear jeans every day. It is a 15 minute drive from my place or a 1/2 an hour bus ride straight west on Addison. The bus stop is directly in front of their offices. They were doing a pre-interview. Basically they are trying to get this new business and if they get it, they will need to bring someone in right away. So they wanted to have the interviews done before that. They should be finding out about it in the next month. And they told me that they were very interested in me and thought I would be a great fit for them. So we will see.
Saturday afternoon, Ben and I went bowling with some of his friends for a birthday party. Then that evening was another friend’s 30th birthday. It was an Alias themed birthday. We all wore wigs. Ironically, my sis and I both had purple wigs and didn't know the other got the same color. But it looked good on both of us.
Sunday morning (really early), Ben and I did the Hustle up the Hancock. We did the half one (816 stairs). I had to stop and rest about 4 times but we made it. We did it in about 16 minutes. We got to hang out at the top of the Hancock for a while then we went to this expo that they had going at one of the hotels in the area. We got home around noon (although it felt like it had to be 5pm) and just collapsed. I am a little sore today but not too bad. I’m really glad that I did it. and even though I have been telling myself that I won’t do it again, I think I may have to take that back. It was very rewarding and I may do it again next year. Who knows…maybe I will do the full one. I will just have to train more if I do.
Crazy weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home