I am starting to lose my mind. The rumor about layoffs is becoming constant. I am having such a battle within myself. I have many different options and most of them depend on what happens with the layoffs.
Option 1 – if I don’t get laid off, I could continue to work here until I am trained enough in relaxation training to quit my job and do that full time. this could be 6-12 month from now.
Option 2 – if I don’t get laid off, I could continue to try and find a new job that is closer to home (no I haven’t heard from that company). The drawback to this is that I would be tied to a company and maybe feel guilty about leaving after about a year. Positive is that I may find a company that I like and want to stay with. I could still teach relaxation training on the side.
Option 3 – if I get laid off and I get the severance that my company gave out last time they had layoffs (I would get 5 months), then I could take that time to really focus on my relaxation training while I am still getting paid my salary. I could also work on advertising the new company and see how receptive that people are to it. I could try and get things going so that when I am not getting paid by my current company, I would hopefully be able to live off of the relaxation training career. This option has an added bonus that if the relaxation training doesn’t take off as quickly as I would want, I could work temp jobs or contract work in engineering to supplement my income.
Option 4 – if I get laid off and get the severance, I could get a contract or temp job while I train to teach relaxation training. This way I can continue to save up money for my change of careers. My training wouldn’t be as accelerated as it would be if I weren’t working at all.
Of course options 3 and 4 would depend on the length and amount of my severance. Basically, I am stressing about something that I can’t do anything about now. I guess I have to hope that things happen for a reason and I will just have to go with the flow.
Option 1 – if I don’t get laid off, I could continue to work here until I am trained enough in relaxation training to quit my job and do that full time. this could be 6-12 month from now.
Option 2 – if I don’t get laid off, I could continue to try and find a new job that is closer to home (no I haven’t heard from that company). The drawback to this is that I would be tied to a company and maybe feel guilty about leaving after about a year. Positive is that I may find a company that I like and want to stay with. I could still teach relaxation training on the side.
Option 3 – if I get laid off and I get the severance that my company gave out last time they had layoffs (I would get 5 months), then I could take that time to really focus on my relaxation training while I am still getting paid my salary. I could also work on advertising the new company and see how receptive that people are to it. I could try and get things going so that when I am not getting paid by my current company, I would hopefully be able to live off of the relaxation training career. This option has an added bonus that if the relaxation training doesn’t take off as quickly as I would want, I could work temp jobs or contract work in engineering to supplement my income.
Option 4 – if I get laid off and get the severance, I could get a contract or temp job while I train to teach relaxation training. This way I can continue to save up money for my change of careers. My training wouldn’t be as accelerated as it would be if I weren’t working at all.
Of course options 3 and 4 would depend on the length and amount of my severance. Basically, I am stressing about something that I can’t do anything about now. I guess I have to hope that things happen for a reason and I will just have to go with the flow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home