Our weekend was pretty good. Had dinner with bashbaby and friends on Friday to celebrate her graduation with her master's degree. Congratulations!!!
Then Saturday, we were out shopping and I dropped my cell phone in the hardware store. Now some of the buttons won't work. So Ben and I went to the cingular store to see if they could do anything. They couldn’t. So I was really upset since I don't want to get a new phone when I liked mine and they don't make it anymore. I know the people at the store since I have gotten 3 phones from there and gotten 3 friends to go there. Anyway....they tried coming up with other ideas for me. Nothing seemed to work. There was a cop who was there too. He was sitting around talking with the guys when we came in. Turns out he has a phone just like mine. He asked them to check to see when his contract was up. If it was up then he was going to give me his phone. Turns out that it isn't up yet...but then he remembered that he has another one just like it at home. It's his wife's phone but she never uses it since she has a work one. So he is going to give that one to me. He is going to drop it off at the cingular store by this Wednesday. I couldn't believe it. I bought him a card and am giving him 2 gift cards for Let Us Entertain You. What are the odds of someone being at the store and having a spare phone when I need one.
Later that night, we had some people over for poker. I lost pretty early but I played well overall. Didn't take too many risks but the ones that I had good hands with, didn't pan out. Oh well. We had a good time and that is all that matters.
Yesterday, my sis and I went to the Flower and Garden show at Navy Pier. It was pretty cool. I am going to try have a garden this year. I tried last year but it didn't work so well. This year I am going to a greenhouse where they know plants and get ones that are good for this area. Plus I want to have some lettuce and herbs. We'll see how that goes. I don’t have a green thumb so it could be interesting.
Then Saturday, we were out shopping and I dropped my cell phone in the hardware store. Now some of the buttons won't work. So Ben and I went to the cingular store to see if they could do anything. They couldn’t. So I was really upset since I don't want to get a new phone when I liked mine and they don't make it anymore. I know the people at the store since I have gotten 3 phones from there and gotten 3 friends to go there. Anyway....they tried coming up with other ideas for me. Nothing seemed to work. There was a cop who was there too. He was sitting around talking with the guys when we came in. Turns out he has a phone just like mine. He asked them to check to see when his contract was up. If it was up then he was going to give me his phone. Turns out that it isn't up yet...but then he remembered that he has another one just like it at home. It's his wife's phone but she never uses it since she has a work one. So he is going to give that one to me. He is going to drop it off at the cingular store by this Wednesday. I couldn't believe it. I bought him a card and am giving him 2 gift cards for Let Us Entertain You. What are the odds of someone being at the store and having a spare phone when I need one.
Later that night, we had some people over for poker. I lost pretty early but I played well overall. Didn't take too many risks but the ones that I had good hands with, didn't pan out. Oh well. We had a good time and that is all that matters.
Yesterday, my sis and I went to the Flower and Garden show at Navy Pier. It was pretty cool. I am going to try have a garden this year. I tried last year but it didn't work so well. This year I am going to a greenhouse where they know plants and get ones that are good for this area. Plus I want to have some lettuce and herbs. We'll see how that goes. I don’t have a green thumb so it could be interesting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home