Mitten's Journal

Thursday, May 05, 2005

I am finally going to update my blogs.

This past weekend was very trying. We went to my hometown for my aunt’s funeral. That part wasn’t so bad. She is at peace and that was evident. There were more people there than I expected. Unfortunately my parents couldn’t make it. this was my dad’s aunt. My parents were in vegas during the week and were supposed to get home late Friday evening. Well…their plane was coming to vegas from NY. And this plane bumped something as it was leaving the gate. So they had to bring a new plane in. this caused a 4 hour delay before picking up my parents. So they left vegas 4 hours late and had a transfer in Milwaukee. They missed their connecting flight and since I am from a smaller town, there is only 1 flight a day between Milwaukee and my hometown. They tried getting into any of the other airports in Michigan and Illinois….but to no avail. So they got back 3 hours after the funeral. Sucks but it happens. It was a little hard for my sis and I being the representatives from our family but I think we did fine.

The hard part was visiting my grandma. We did this before the funeral. She has Alzheimer’s and didn’t know who we were. She fakes it good but this was the first time where I was definitely that she didn’t know us. Kind of hard to deal with. It’s like we already lost her. My dad (her son) told us that the last time he visited that she didn’t even know she had a son let alone that he was standing in front of her. This disease sucks!!!!

And then I finished up the weekend helping out a friend who is going through a difficult time right now. I was glad to be there for her but know that I wasn’t able to help as much as I could have if I hadn’t already had such an emotional weekend.

we went to see Wicked at the theater last night. very good. it's about the Wicked Witch of the West before she was wicked. i read the book first and they definitely changed a bunch of things about it to make it more kid friendly. the book is pretty dark but very good. it changes your option of the Wicked Witch of the West. bn is still finishing the book but when he is done, we are going to watch the Wizard of Oz again to see if our opinions of her have changed how we view the movie.

Overall, I would recommend both the show and the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home