Wedding
I think things are finally getting back to normal…maybe.
The day before my sister’s wedding she got kicked in the leg by a donkey. That’s right. So was fine but did end up with a very nice bruise. Luckily her dress was long and covered it. this is the kind of thing that happens at a dude ranch.
My sister’s wedding was beautiful. The day was absolutely gorgeous. The ceremony was outside overlooking an amazing lake and golf course. There was a nice breeze but it wasn’t too much…except for the mom’s when they had to light the candles. But they got through it. my sis was just beautiful and so happy.
The reception was a ton of fun. Everyone was dancing and having a great time. I gave my speech. I was very please with how well it came across. Here it is…
“Let me start by telling a story about J and me.
J was always such a good sport when we were growing up. I used to help her do back flips off the couch…and every once in a while I would drop her. Sorry Mom. Luckily we had pillows on the floor so that helped but sometimes she would miss them and land on the floor. She would get all teary eyed but she would always keep quiet when I shushed her so that mom and dad wouldn’t hear.
I have been so lucky to have a sister who is also my best friend. Can you image growing up with someone who you actually get along with, well most of the time anyway? We traveled by van all over the country while we were growing up and rarely had any problems. We have traveled to the far reaches of the world such as Vietnam and Hong Kong together as adults and still got along. When I called her 7 years ago and asked if she would take me in as her roommate, she didn’t hesitate. She opened her place to me and allowed me to be a part of her life even more than I already was. She even let my cat live with us even though she didn’t like him. I guess she really must love me.
While we were living together, she met this guy named B who was just as crazy, outgoing, and funny as she is. They compliment each other so well. B has brought a spark out in J that I didn’t even know she was missing. I want to take this opportunity to welcome B to our family. I’m proud to have him as a brother.
I love you both and wish you the best of happiness in your life together. Please raise your glasses and help me congratulate J and B.”
I made everyone cry!!!
The day before my sister’s wedding she got kicked in the leg by a donkey. That’s right. So was fine but did end up with a very nice bruise. Luckily her dress was long and covered it. this is the kind of thing that happens at a dude ranch.
My sister’s wedding was beautiful. The day was absolutely gorgeous. The ceremony was outside overlooking an amazing lake and golf course. There was a nice breeze but it wasn’t too much…except for the mom’s when they had to light the candles. But they got through it. my sis was just beautiful and so happy.
The reception was a ton of fun. Everyone was dancing and having a great time. I gave my speech. I was very please with how well it came across. Here it is…
“Let me start by telling a story about J and me.
J was always such a good sport when we were growing up. I used to help her do back flips off the couch…and every once in a while I would drop her. Sorry Mom. Luckily we had pillows on the floor so that helped but sometimes she would miss them and land on the floor. She would get all teary eyed but she would always keep quiet when I shushed her so that mom and dad wouldn’t hear.
I have been so lucky to have a sister who is also my best friend. Can you image growing up with someone who you actually get along with, well most of the time anyway? We traveled by van all over the country while we were growing up and rarely had any problems. We have traveled to the far reaches of the world such as Vietnam and Hong Kong together as adults and still got along. When I called her 7 years ago and asked if she would take me in as her roommate, she didn’t hesitate. She opened her place to me and allowed me to be a part of her life even more than I already was. She even let my cat live with us even though she didn’t like him. I guess she really must love me.
While we were living together, she met this guy named B who was just as crazy, outgoing, and funny as she is. They compliment each other so well. B has brought a spark out in J that I didn’t even know she was missing. I want to take this opportunity to welcome B to our family. I’m proud to have him as a brother.
I love you both and wish you the best of happiness in your life together. Please raise your glasses and help me congratulate J and B.”
I made everyone cry!!!

3 Comments:
lovely speech!
*applause*
By
nuprin, at 11:12 AM
thanks!!
By
mitten, at 8:57 AM
very beautiful words!
-kim
By
Anonymous, at 11:26 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home