Mitten's Journal

Thursday, October 13, 2005

learning new holidays

So today is Yom Kippur. I have been with bn for 2 years now and this is one of his Jewish holidays that I still need to learn more about. I know about Passover and Rosh Hashanah since we celebrate those with his family but Yom Kippur is one that he observes alone. So he is at home right now. The only thing I know about this holiday is that he can’t eat from sundown last night until sundown tonight. Plus he is supposed to read the Torah and contemplate his religion in whatever way he sees fit. He can’t work. Now I need to investigate some more to understand why he has to do these things.

My parents are coming in this weekend so I spent the night last night cleaning. Luckily my cleaning lady was here late last week so our place isn’t too bad. I did have to clean the walls that were streaked with dirt after the steam room incident. I also got rid of my plants on the back porch. I did ok with them this year. But not great. I have discovered that I really want my own deck not one that I share with my neighbors. They are so good with plants and I just feel like I am invading their space when I use the deck and put my flowers out. The only thing on the deck that is ours is our grill. Oh and my thermometer. My neighbors are nice enough and don’t mind us using their stuff but I still feel like I am in their way. In about a year or 2 we will be looking for a house. Something that is ours and we don’t have to share with anyone else.

The good thing about being bored at work right now is that I can work on my relaxation training. We are putting together a CD to sell that teaches an introduction to relaxation. With the CD, there will be a booklet explaining the class and all of the lessons. Some people learn better by reading before doing so this will help people who learn in different ways. My partner has a lot of material on this subject so I am spending my time organizing her work into lessons. It is pretty interesting.

I have started writing more lately because I want to keep my friend bashbaby updated on my life…so here you go. This was just the push I needed to keep putting these journal entries out.

1 Comments:

  • Hooray!! I do love blogs and journals as a way to keep in touch with friends. It started in grad school when I was just too busy to see anyone regularly and now it's even better since I'm 200 miles away. It helps me feel close to home since I still know a little about what's going on with my friends. Thanks! ^___^

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home