Engaged
Ben asked me to marry him on Thursday night.
Some of you have heard this but I wanted to make sure everyone heard the whole story.
We had plans to go to NYC for the weekend (Thursday night thru Sunday) but I thought we were going because he had training for work. His new company has their headquarters in NYC so it was all possible. We got to NY Thursday evening and decided to walk to Times Square.
While there, we walked around a little and then he stopped me to step to the side so he could "tie his shoes". I looked down and he was on his knee with a box open and a ring inside. He asked me to marry him and I said yes. We hugged while people were pointing at us. Then in typical NY style a guy walked up to us and asked us to buy his CD as a memento. I laughed and told him to go away.
This is when I found out that he didn't really have to work. It was all a ruse. He got me good!!!
We had dinner at Tavern on the Green (amazing) and then tickets to a Broadway show, Avenue Q. Very funny show.
We spent the rest of the time sightseeing and we also got to see Rent.
It was an amazing weekend, one I will never forget.
One other thing that he did that was so fun....he made a playlist on his iPod all about love and NYC. We listened to it on the way to NY but i didn't catch on.
Some of you have heard this but I wanted to make sure everyone heard the whole story.
We had plans to go to NYC for the weekend (Thursday night thru Sunday) but I thought we were going because he had training for work. His new company has their headquarters in NYC so it was all possible. We got to NY Thursday evening and decided to walk to Times Square.
While there, we walked around a little and then he stopped me to step to the side so he could "tie his shoes". I looked down and he was on his knee with a box open and a ring inside. He asked me to marry him and I said yes. We hugged while people were pointing at us. Then in typical NY style a guy walked up to us and asked us to buy his CD as a memento. I laughed and told him to go away.
This is when I found out that he didn't really have to work. It was all a ruse. He got me good!!!
We had dinner at Tavern on the Green (amazing) and then tickets to a Broadway show, Avenue Q. Very funny show.
We spent the rest of the time sightseeing and we also got to see Rent.
It was an amazing weekend, one I will never forget.
One other thing that he did that was so fun....he made a playlist on his iPod all about love and NYC. We listened to it on the way to NY but i didn't catch on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home