Mitten's Journal

Monday, October 10, 2005

Steam room, dress, location, and bored

So we came home on Friday night to a steam room in our condo. Turns out that the radiators kicked on (yes it was cold enough for them). Normally this isn’t a big deal. We always turn them off in the spring. And we did this time too. But when we came home on Friday, our condo has about 2 feet of steam at the ceiling. All the walls were dripping with condensation, so were the ceilings and everything was wet.

After some investigating, we found out that the valve in the bathroom was on. This wouldn’t be a problem but it’s not attached to a radiator so the steam was just pouring out of the valve. Luckily Oreo was fine. We opened all of the windows and doors and turned on our fans. It cleared out within a couple of hours. But now we have some paint that is blistering. Not bad but definitely needs to be fixed.

Now on to better stuff…I found my wedding dress!!! I have become such a girl about this wedding. At least when it pertains to my dress. It is beautiful and is perfect for me. Now don’t ask me to tell you what it is like….you will just have to wait and see. ;-)

The location is almost decided. Actually I’m pretty sure that it is done but we have to put our deposit down. I will say where it is for sure after we put down the deposit.

As for the boredom, that is work related. I go for months working in the test lab on a really tight schedule and now that we are waiting for more parts to test, I have nothing to do. Luckily for me, this has happened when I need my time for wedding planning. So I guess I won’t complain that I am bored and use the time for personal gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home