so much is happening
So many things are happening. Wedding plans, parties for friends and family, family visiting, mini vacations, trying to figure out what I want to do with my life, etc. It’s getting too hard to keep up.
I am going to Vegas this weekend with a friend. I can’t wait. One huge benefit of this trip for me is that I can scope out locations for our wedding. We have decided on Vegas for sure but not exactly where. We want something outside. We are looking at either the Flamingo or Caesars. They both have amazing gazebo/garden areas, which are private or semi-private for weddings. I’m just glad that I can look at them myself. Much better than just looking at pictures. Plus then I can find out how loud the area is and check out the banquet facilities. But the best part is that I will be in Vegas relaxing with my friend.
It will be good timing too since I have been told that we are having our reviews this week. I hate having my review. I always walk out of there feeling like a failure. The biggest problem this time is that my boss quit about a month ago and his boss is giving us our reviews. He has no idea what I have worked on this year. So how can he fairly evaluate my work? One of the biggest issues that I have with my current management is that if they have an issue with your work, you find out at your yearly review. For example in last year’s review, my boss told me that I needed to take the lead in meetings more instead of letting him do it. Well he never told me that this is how he liked to work. I worked for a different supervisor the previous year that always wanted to take control in meetings. So I carried this over to the next boss. Well apparently he felt differently. But instead of telling me when it first happened, he waited until 4 months later after it had continued to happen before telling me in my review. This was something that was easy to correct if he had just said something. Instead I am written up for it in my review. Anyway… I’m not looking forward to this review and I just want to get it over with.
Here’s hoping this week goes by fast.
I am going to Vegas this weekend with a friend. I can’t wait. One huge benefit of this trip for me is that I can scope out locations for our wedding. We have decided on Vegas for sure but not exactly where. We want something outside. We are looking at either the Flamingo or Caesars. They both have amazing gazebo/garden areas, which are private or semi-private for weddings. I’m just glad that I can look at them myself. Much better than just looking at pictures. Plus then I can find out how loud the area is and check out the banquet facilities. But the best part is that I will be in Vegas relaxing with my friend.
It will be good timing too since I have been told that we are having our reviews this week. I hate having my review. I always walk out of there feeling like a failure. The biggest problem this time is that my boss quit about a month ago and his boss is giving us our reviews. He has no idea what I have worked on this year. So how can he fairly evaluate my work? One of the biggest issues that I have with my current management is that if they have an issue with your work, you find out at your yearly review. For example in last year’s review, my boss told me that I needed to take the lead in meetings more instead of letting him do it. Well he never told me that this is how he liked to work. I worked for a different supervisor the previous year that always wanted to take control in meetings. So I carried this over to the next boss. Well apparently he felt differently. But instead of telling me when it first happened, he waited until 4 months later after it had continued to happen before telling me in my review. This was something that was easy to correct if he had just said something. Instead I am written up for it in my review. Anyway… I’m not looking forward to this review and I just want to get it over with.
Here’s hoping this week goes by fast.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home