Mitten's Journal

Monday, December 19, 2005

surreal

Did you ever do something that you know is the right thing to do but feel horrible doing it? I had this happen this weekend. I won’t go into the details since it is a private matter for someone else but let’s just say it was hard for me. I know I did the right thing but it was just hard. I know this doesn’t make a lot of sense but it is all I can write.

Thursday is my last day at my current soon to be old company. It is kind of surreal. I have been here for over 7 years. I see the people here more than I see my friends and even ben in waking hours. The biggest issue I have right now is that my boss’s boss who I have worked for during the last 4 years has basically blown me off. I talked to him on the phone for a minute when I put in my notice. He was out of town for work. He said he would talk with me last Wednesday when he got back and as of today the only contact that I have had with him was a “hi” in passing. Definitely tells me that I made the right decision. I know this is the right move for me but it is still hard to have someone blow you off like that.

Then after Thursday, I have a week off before I have to be at my new job. I start there on the 29th. Just for the one day then I am off until January 3rd. nice way to break in to my new company. One day on then a long weekend before working again on the 3rd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home