Mitten's Journal

Thursday, November 10, 2005

The saga continues…

Well…I found out that the job that I was interested in was 95% sure they were going to bring me back for a second interview. But then the last person they talked to was from a direct competitor of theirs. This person knew their product. So they are trying to hire him. This was very disappointing but I have to look forward not back and continue my search. I wasn’t thrilled with the commute. Even though it is better than I have now, I still wanted something closer. So I will chalk this one up to good but not good enough.

Then the job I am not interested called me back for a second interview. What’s up with that? I politely declined. They asked me why and I lied and told them that it was because I was pursuing another opportunity that was closer to home and a better fit for me. Ok this isn’t a lie. I actually am pursuing that but I just don’t have the opportunity yet. Funny how it happens that I am called back on the one that I don’t want.

I talked with my recruiter and he is pursuing another opportunity for me that is closer to home. They are interested in me but they are offering a lot less than I make now. the guy is apparently from another time where this is appropriate wages. I am not in the top end of my wages based on experience so that isn’t the issue. In fact others at the company including HR and other directors agree with my recruiter. So he is working on the one guy. Hopefully this will pan out so that at least I can get in to talk with them.

Ben’s sister got married on Sunday. It was a beautiful event. Everything went wonderfully. The place was perfect for them. the food was great. She was beautiful. what more can you ask for.

1 Comments:

  • Hey, good luck on the job search! I almost had a job right before I was hired by the state. I had 2 interviews and they loved me, it was downtown right off the brown line, and the pay was great (a little more than I'm making now) - seemed perfect except that it didn't feel quite right, and in the end they found someone else with a little more enzyme experience and about a week or so later I heard from the state. That's the longest sentence in the history of the world, but I guess what I mean is hang in there, it will work out somehow in the end, although I'll admit that the wait can seem endless. Good luck!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home