Mitten's Journal

Friday, November 04, 2005

what a week!!!

What a week!!! Monday I had an interview with a company much closer to home. This went very well. My recruiter set it up. He has heard back from them and they are definitely interested. They are interviewing a couple more candidates and will hopefully be getting back to me next week. *crossing fingers* this company was very relaxed and I felt comfortable. It was a great fit.

Then on Wednesday I had an interview with a different company. Did NOT go well. The guy made me wait an hour while he was in a meeting even though he knew I was there. Then he proceeds to grill me on my technical abilities on a product type that I know nothing about. What a jerk. I got really tired of saying “I don’t know but I can find out”. Talk about making you feel like an idiot. So I left there feeling like there is no way I will work there. Funny thing is that he mentioned talking to his boss about me and getting me back in for a second interview. I think not.

I was supposed to bowl on Wednesday night. (Ben and I are on a league.) but I chose to stay home and pick up our place. Our cleaning lady was coming on Thursday and I want her cleaning not picking things up. So I did that.

Then Thursday was the National Runaway Switchboard’s annual fundraiser. I was on the committee this year and we have been planning this since January. It was a blast. Lesley Byers and the Jazz Cats played. Plus I got some of my friends to come out and dance. I love having friends who will support your causes. Thanks guys!!! The event went very well and we raised a ton of money.

Tonight a bunch of us are going out to celebrate our mutual November birthdays. Mine isn’t for almost 2 weeks yet but it should be fun.

Then this weekend is Ben’s sister’s wedding. Rehearsal dinner tomorrow night then the wedding on Sunday. This will be a very busy weekend.

With the exception of Wednesday’s interview, this has been an incredible week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home