busy but good weekend
So things are getting better. We have had some very good days. I know people have heard this before but tragedy can bring you closer together. This has happened to us. We are trying to be newlyweds again. Something we kind of skipped originally.
So this weekend we were able to just have fun. We sat around on Friday night and watched TV together. Saturday, we went out to an xmas tree farm and cut down a tree. This was a first for Ben. It was a fun time. Cold but fun. We went to a place where they take you out on a horse drawn carriage. You tell them where you want to stop and look at the trees. We got off and found our tree pretty quickly. By the time the guy came back around with the carriage, we were waiting for him. He started laughing and said he couldn’t believe that we were that quick. Well, it was cold and we didn’t want to be out too long. We hauled the tree onto the carriage with other people and he took all of us back to the trailer where you pay. They had coffee and hot chocolate for us. We then took our tree over to the shaker so that they could get all the dead pine needles off of it. I love watching the shaker. Then they put the tree through a binder and they wrap it all up. We were able to fit the tree into our car (just barely anyway).
On our way back to our house, we stopped at an outlet mall. I really don’t like to shop but I knew I needed to get some clothes and a pair of boots. But it’s funny to see Ben and me shop. He walks around pointing out things that I should look at and I whine about having to try them on. In the end, I bought a sweater, 2 shirts, a pair of pants, a pair of boots, and a nice winter coat. Ben got 2 shirts. So I guess this trip was more about me than him.
After that, we got a call from his sis and her hubby. They were trying to install a new disposal and were having problems. So Ben said we would stop by to look at it. He helped them install it in about 20 minutes. I was impressed.
Then we had to quickly take showers and get ready for a condo-warming party for some of his friends from ultimate. They are a very nice couple but I was a little nervous since we wouldn’t know too many people there. I’m not that great with people I don’t know. My husband is great at it so I leave that up to him. We talked with one couple for a little while then a couple came in who we did know. This is a couple that has always been nice to us but I haven’t ever been able to sit and just talk with them. They are so easy to talk with. I can see us hanging out with them more. In fact I would like to encourage that.
Sunday, we decorated the tree. Ben’s first. We made it into an xmas tree/Hanukkah bush. We used blue and white lights along with my xmas ornaments. It looks really cool.
Then we reversed the handle/opening side on the fridge. Whoever had this before us were kind of dumb. The door opened away from the kitchen so you had to walk around it to get anything plus when it was open, you couldn’t open the drawers that are right next to it. So now it is set up the right way.
We got our free copy of our credit report. Everything looks fine on it. My dad gave us a great idea for those. There are 3 different companies that you can get a free copy of your credit report once a year. My dad gave us the idea of getting one of the reports every 4 months. So Sunday we got one. Then in 4 months we will get a different one, then 4 months after that, we will get the last one. Then repeat it again in a year.
Then we made dinner. It was really good, chicken amandine with a salad with apples, lettuce, and walnuts. Very tasty!!
So this weekend we were able to just have fun. We sat around on Friday night and watched TV together. Saturday, we went out to an xmas tree farm and cut down a tree. This was a first for Ben. It was a fun time. Cold but fun. We went to a place where they take you out on a horse drawn carriage. You tell them where you want to stop and look at the trees. We got off and found our tree pretty quickly. By the time the guy came back around with the carriage, we were waiting for him. He started laughing and said he couldn’t believe that we were that quick. Well, it was cold and we didn’t want to be out too long. We hauled the tree onto the carriage with other people and he took all of us back to the trailer where you pay. They had coffee and hot chocolate for us. We then took our tree over to the shaker so that they could get all the dead pine needles off of it. I love watching the shaker. Then they put the tree through a binder and they wrap it all up. We were able to fit the tree into our car (just barely anyway).
On our way back to our house, we stopped at an outlet mall. I really don’t like to shop but I knew I needed to get some clothes and a pair of boots. But it’s funny to see Ben and me shop. He walks around pointing out things that I should look at and I whine about having to try them on. In the end, I bought a sweater, 2 shirts, a pair of pants, a pair of boots, and a nice winter coat. Ben got 2 shirts. So I guess this trip was more about me than him.
After that, we got a call from his sis and her hubby. They were trying to install a new disposal and were having problems. So Ben said we would stop by to look at it. He helped them install it in about 20 minutes. I was impressed.
Then we had to quickly take showers and get ready for a condo-warming party for some of his friends from ultimate. They are a very nice couple but I was a little nervous since we wouldn’t know too many people there. I’m not that great with people I don’t know. My husband is great at it so I leave that up to him. We talked with one couple for a little while then a couple came in who we did know. This is a couple that has always been nice to us but I haven’t ever been able to sit and just talk with them. They are so easy to talk with. I can see us hanging out with them more. In fact I would like to encourage that.
Sunday, we decorated the tree. Ben’s first. We made it into an xmas tree/Hanukkah bush. We used blue and white lights along with my xmas ornaments. It looks really cool.
Then we reversed the handle/opening side on the fridge. Whoever had this before us were kind of dumb. The door opened away from the kitchen so you had to walk around it to get anything plus when it was open, you couldn’t open the drawers that are right next to it. So now it is set up the right way.
We got our free copy of our credit report. Everything looks fine on it. My dad gave us a great idea for those. There are 3 different companies that you can get a free copy of your credit report once a year. My dad gave us the idea of getting one of the reports every 4 months. So Sunday we got one. Then in 4 months we will get a different one, then 4 months after that, we will get the last one. Then repeat it again in a year.
Then we made dinner. It was really good, chicken amandine with a salad with apples, lettuce, and walnuts. Very tasty!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home