Mitten's Journal

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

I have had a pretty relaxing week. It has been nice. I spent time with some of my friends on Friday. I was starting to feel like if I didn't make the first move and call them or see if they wanted to do something that we would never do anything together. I was getting a little upset that my friends don't really call anymore but then I did a reality check....I wasn't calling them either. Then I also realized that everyone is just as busy as I am. So I am starting to just call my friends last minute to see if they are busy when I am sitting home. If they are...No big deal but if they aren't, that's cool and we can just hang out and talk...Or whatever. I find that I like this approach better because sometime I just want to sit home by myself and not talk to anyone. But if I am in a mood where I want to see some of my friends then I can do that too.

anyway...So last Friday 3 of my friends came by and we drank wine, watched dirty dancing, and talked about everything. It was great. A couple of us stayed up until 4 in the morning. I did this same thing a month ago with a different friend and it was great. I felt like I was able to reconnect with my friends. Sometimes I feel like when I start dating someone that I lose those connections with my friendships. I know it is mostly my fault but luckily this time around I am being encouraged to see my friends.

Saturday night, I went country dancing. Yep....You read that right. It was pretty fun. I even borrowed my sister's cowboy hat. I can't imagine doing that all the time but it is fun once in a while.

I have discovered recently that I get things done so much better when I write them down on a list. I guess I already knew that but it has been reinforced. I put together a list of 12 things that I want to do this year. Some of them are for doing stuff around the condo, some of them are fun things, and some of them are things that I have been putting off for years. Well....I have already done 4 of the 12 things for the year. Some of them are continuous items like one goal is to work out at least 2 times a week. Yes I want to do more but I think 2 is a realistic goal that I can follow. So all of the items that are on the list are being done. I guess when I get all of the one time items crossed off the list then I will just have to add other items. It is such a good feeling when you can cross things off of a list. It is just plain satisfying. I have my list at work and love it when I can pull up the list and see all that I have accomplished so far this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home