new job, new car, new cell
What a week….i am at my new job right now. Seems good so far. They are putting me onto a path for fast advancement. I am hoping to work into a lead engineers position. I am going to take time to figure out the process and who to go to for questions. This will go far in getting promoted. At least I feel like I have the possibility for advancement here. It is a good feeling. Another bonus….i am sitting in an area that is pretty warm. I’m not freezing for a change. I have to wear safety glasses in the plant here. The guy who orders them, gave me some really cool ones. They are Harley-Davidson.
My last day at the other place was last week Thursday. I even had a going away party thrown for me. A lot of people showed up which was nice. Ben came to support me. Again really nice.
We went to my parent’s house over the holiday weekend. It was relaxing. My sister and I made dinner. It was great. Prime rib, cheesy potatoes, corn casserole, green bean casserole, etc. everything turned out wonderful. Then we got drunk with my parents. It was hilarious. My dad started laughing so hard at a thought he had in his head that he couldn’t even tell us for about 5 minutes. By then, he could have said anything since we were all laughing so hard we were crying. My mom was so funny too. At some point we were all crying from laughing. I guess that is a good way to spend a night with the family.
We came back on Monday and spend most of the day registering at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Crate and Barrel. The other part of the day was spent buying a new car. We put a deposit down on a Pontiac Vibe…silver…moonroof…power everything…and such. It is a great car. We picked it up last night. But we couldn’t get in with the finance people so we have dealers plates on it. We are going back tomorrow to finance it. But in the mean time I am driving it to see if there are any issues. So far it is great!!!
Tuesday Ben and I got new cell phones and got on a family talk plan. This should save us some money in the long run. So now we both have Motorola Razr’s. Ben isn’t sold on it yet but we have 30 days to try it out. I don’t really care I just want us to have the same accessories so that we don’t have to buy as many. His is black and mine is silver so it’s easier to tell them apart.
That is all for now. If I don’t right before the new year….HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
My last day at the other place was last week Thursday. I even had a going away party thrown for me. A lot of people showed up which was nice. Ben came to support me. Again really nice.
We went to my parent’s house over the holiday weekend. It was relaxing. My sister and I made dinner. It was great. Prime rib, cheesy potatoes, corn casserole, green bean casserole, etc. everything turned out wonderful. Then we got drunk with my parents. It was hilarious. My dad started laughing so hard at a thought he had in his head that he couldn’t even tell us for about 5 minutes. By then, he could have said anything since we were all laughing so hard we were crying. My mom was so funny too. At some point we were all crying from laughing. I guess that is a good way to spend a night with the family.
We came back on Monday and spend most of the day registering at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Crate and Barrel. The other part of the day was spent buying a new car. We put a deposit down on a Pontiac Vibe…silver…moonroof…power everything…and such. It is a great car. We picked it up last night. But we couldn’t get in with the finance people so we have dealers plates on it. We are going back tomorrow to finance it. But in the mean time I am driving it to see if there are any issues. So far it is great!!!
Tuesday Ben and I got new cell phones and got on a family talk plan. This should save us some money in the long run. So now we both have Motorola Razr’s. Ben isn’t sold on it yet but we have 30 days to try it out. I don’t really care I just want us to have the same accessories so that we don’t have to buy as many. His is black and mine is silver so it’s easier to tell them apart.
That is all for now. If I don’t right before the new year….HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home