Mitten's Journal

Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

So a funny thing happened today, Friday the 13th…I was driving to work and had a black cat run across the street in front of me. It was pretty interesting since I can’t remember the last time that a cat ran across the street in front of my car. I did a double take and did find that he wasn’t completely black. He had a small amount of white on the tips of his paws. He was pretty pudgy too. So I’m guessing that he is either well taken care of at home or he is pretty good at catching food.

In the past I have had some not so great things happen on Friday the 13th’s. I’m not superstitious but it was interesting to think about. I broke my ankle in high school on one Friday the 13th. Then the next year there was another one and I choked on a pill. Of course nothing memorable has happened to me on any Friday the 13th since but it was interesting for a while. Then along comes this black cat to remind me about the superstitions. He was pretty though.

Last night, Ben and I had our food tasting. It went really well. The food was fabulous. And luckily, we agreed on what we liked and didn’t like. When we were trying the appetizers, I made the comment that we were probably going to be too busy during the cocktail hour to actually try any of it. So the lady asked if we were going to take 15 minutes to be alone after our ceremony (Jewish tradition). We said yes. So she is going to have the staff put a tray of appetizers in our room along with a glass of wine. Very nice.

Work is still going well. I am being given more opportunities and am finding areas where my experience with plastic parts will be helpful. It is amazing how the more confidence you have when working, the better you feel. It also helps my motivation to do a good job. I know I should always want to do a good job just for myself but having people who think you are good at what you do helps too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home