Happy 2006
Wow it’s the new year already. 2005 was such a life changing amazing year. Ben and I lived together for all of it. And did just fine. My sister got married. Ben and I got engaged and are planning our wedding. Ben and I both got new jobs. And Ben’s sister got married. So much. All good though.
2006 is going to be just as eventful at least initially. Ben and I are getting married in May. The planning is in full swing. The band is set, the photographer is set, the florist is set, and the place is all ready. Now we just need to start working on invitations. I’m actually enjoying the process. There are days when I get stressed about it but overall it is just fun. We even enjoyed registering. Ok enjoyed may be pushing it but we did just fine. We agreed on most things. And the things that we didn’t agree on usually one of us didn’t care all that much. Of course Ben did keep wondering when he was going to be able to get stuff he wanted. He got a couple things at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Crate and Barrel but more of his stuff will be registered for at some computer type place. We looked to see if apple had a registry but they don’t. We also looked at Best Buy and CompUSA but again nothing. Then we found a place where we could set up a wish list and has the stuff that he wants. So we are still working on that.
Overall, I am really excited for our wedding. I think it will be a blast. It goes until 11pm so hopefully people will stick around even though it is on a Sunday.
So I am on day 2 of my new job. Overall it is going well. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Of course I haven’t had a ton of stuff to do yet. I am apparently getting 2 programs. One that has been worked on for a while now and another that is brand new. I can’t start working on them yet but soon. So for now I am reading up on the company and their product process. Hopefully this will help me later when I am really busy and need to know these things.
One interesting thing is that I am the second most experienced person in my group. This is based on the fact that I have worked in the automotive industry the second longest. Most of the guys in my group started working here straight out of college. They have 6 or 7 years of experience. I have 11 years. It is kind of nice and kind of strange. I could really take this job and do what I want with it. If I work hard, I could get promoted fairly quickly. I don’t know if that is what I want or not yet but it is nice to know that it is up to me. At least partially. I am working really hard to stay relaxed. As long as I stay relaxed, I am not getting stressed. I want to observe the people around me to see who are the ones that will positively help my career here. I know that sounds kind of cold. But I have decided that I need to do what is right for me this time. In my last 2 jobs, I worried more about everyone else around me and I worried what they thought of me and whether they liked me. Now I still care about those things but I also want the option to move up in the company and I need to work with the “good” workers in order to do that. By relaxing, I am allowing myself to see what others are doing and which are the ones who I can form positive working relationships with. We’ll see where it takes me.
2006 is going to be just as eventful at least initially. Ben and I are getting married in May. The planning is in full swing. The band is set, the photographer is set, the florist is set, and the place is all ready. Now we just need to start working on invitations. I’m actually enjoying the process. There are days when I get stressed about it but overall it is just fun. We even enjoyed registering. Ok enjoyed may be pushing it but we did just fine. We agreed on most things. And the things that we didn’t agree on usually one of us didn’t care all that much. Of course Ben did keep wondering when he was going to be able to get stuff he wanted. He got a couple things at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Crate and Barrel but more of his stuff will be registered for at some computer type place. We looked to see if apple had a registry but they don’t. We also looked at Best Buy and CompUSA but again nothing. Then we found a place where we could set up a wish list and has the stuff that he wants. So we are still working on that.
Overall, I am really excited for our wedding. I think it will be a blast. It goes until 11pm so hopefully people will stick around even though it is on a Sunday.
So I am on day 2 of my new job. Overall it is going well. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Of course I haven’t had a ton of stuff to do yet. I am apparently getting 2 programs. One that has been worked on for a while now and another that is brand new. I can’t start working on them yet but soon. So for now I am reading up on the company and their product process. Hopefully this will help me later when I am really busy and need to know these things.
One interesting thing is that I am the second most experienced person in my group. This is based on the fact that I have worked in the automotive industry the second longest. Most of the guys in my group started working here straight out of college. They have 6 or 7 years of experience. I have 11 years. It is kind of nice and kind of strange. I could really take this job and do what I want with it. If I work hard, I could get promoted fairly quickly. I don’t know if that is what I want or not yet but it is nice to know that it is up to me. At least partially. I am working really hard to stay relaxed. As long as I stay relaxed, I am not getting stressed. I want to observe the people around me to see who are the ones that will positively help my career here. I know that sounds kind of cold. But I have decided that I need to do what is right for me this time. In my last 2 jobs, I worried more about everyone else around me and I worried what they thought of me and whether they liked me. Now I still care about those things but I also want the option to move up in the company and I need to work with the “good” workers in order to do that. By relaxing, I am allowing myself to see what others are doing and which are the ones who I can form positive working relationships with. We’ll see where it takes me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home