Go Team X
It is just one of those days. I just don’t want to be at work. I have stuff to do but don’t want to do any of it. One cool thing did happen to day…I got to see a piece of wire explode. It was done on purpose so no one was hurt. We have a high power lab and in that lab, we have a room with insanely thick bulletproof glass. It also has really thick cinder blocks to create the walls. It makes all of the offices around it shake when they set it off. So they hooked up this wire to these huge terminals. Then they ran a bunch of current through it until it exploded. Luckily someone warned me not to look directly at it when it blows. Others that didn’t saw spots for a while from the flash that happened. There was also a loud bang that sounded like a shotgun blast. I can’t imagine how loud it was inside the room. We all jumped. It was cool.
On another note, our bowling team has our tournament tonight. We are in first place so get a buy for the first game. I’m really hoping we do well tonight. I would love to win this thing. I don’t ever think I have been on a winning team for anything before. So wish us luck.
Back to work talk…we have a new guy…yes newer than me…not sure if I’ve mentioned him before but he is kind of an ass. He is one of those people who know everything about everything. And he always has to one up you. Well up until recently, I haven’t had to deal with him directly. Well he needed help and I had some spare time so I volunteered to help him with some 3-D modeling. Over the next few days, I would call him over to show him what I was trying to do and to make sure that I wasn’t missing anything. Instead of thanking me for my help, he would say things like “you need to do ___” etc. it’s hard to understand when it is written down but it is more in the tone of his voice. Like do this….do that…instead of that’s good but I also need you to do ___. It’s all in the delivery. He never thanked me once. So I started saying, please thank you to him to remind him that this was the proper way to ask someone to help you. He would repeat it but I had to do it every time. It’s just common courtesy to say please and thank you to someone especially when they are doing you a favor. Maybe this sounds petty but being nice to someone goes a long way. I have no desire to help him again. I will if I am asked to but I just don’t need to be talked to that way. BTW…I’m not the only one who feels this way. This guy has been here for about a month now and I have heard a bunch of the guys say things like what’s his problem or what’s his deal. It was nice to hear that it isn’t just me being over sensitive.
On another note, our bowling team has our tournament tonight. We are in first place so get a buy for the first game. I’m really hoping we do well tonight. I would love to win this thing. I don’t ever think I have been on a winning team for anything before. So wish us luck.
Back to work talk…we have a new guy…yes newer than me…not sure if I’ve mentioned him before but he is kind of an ass. He is one of those people who know everything about everything. And he always has to one up you. Well up until recently, I haven’t had to deal with him directly. Well he needed help and I had some spare time so I volunteered to help him with some 3-D modeling. Over the next few days, I would call him over to show him what I was trying to do and to make sure that I wasn’t missing anything. Instead of thanking me for my help, he would say things like “you need to do ___” etc. it’s hard to understand when it is written down but it is more in the tone of his voice. Like do this….do that…instead of that’s good but I also need you to do ___. It’s all in the delivery. He never thanked me once. So I started saying, please thank you to him to remind him that this was the proper way to ask someone to help you. He would repeat it but I had to do it every time. It’s just common courtesy to say please and thank you to someone especially when they are doing you a favor. Maybe this sounds petty but being nice to someone goes a long way. I have no desire to help him again. I will if I am asked to but I just don’t need to be talked to that way. BTW…I’m not the only one who feels this way. This guy has been here for about a month now and I have heard a bunch of the guys say things like what’s his problem or what’s his deal. It was nice to hear that it isn’t just me being over sensitive.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home