Mitten's Journal

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

kids will be kids

So yesterday…I almost saw an accident where a car hit a kid. It didn’t happen but only by inches. I was going south on Elston and another car was about 200 yards away going northbound. All of a sudden this kid runs out into the street. I didn’t see him until he was in the road. The other car slammed her brakes and swerved to miss him. The kid stopped and ran back to the side. But from the look on his face, he knew that he had just missed getting hit. What really amazed me was my reaction. I had slammed my brakes planning to jump out of my car; my hand was already on my cell phone before I realized it. I had already thought about what was in my first aid kit that Ben made my buy for my car. Overall I was amazed by how much went through my head on instinct in the time that the other car braked and swerved. Luckily for the kid and everyone else, I didn’t need to use any of my reactions but it was nice to know that they were there.

I had my first shower this weekend. It was for Ben’s family. My mom came into town for it, which was very nice. It was a wonderful shower. I just wish I felt more comfortable with being the center of attention. I know that this one was the hardest to do since it is his family. The other shower and events for the wedding should be fine since either Ben is with me or it is just a party. I just wish I wouldn’t get so anxious.

Everything is coming together for the wedding. Still lots of details but at this point I think we are doing well. We still need to figure out the songs for the ceremony, design the programs, design the table numbers and the place cards, etc. And we need to pay lots of people but it is all coming together.

I still can’t believe all the time and effort that it takes to put this together but I know that I will remember this day always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home