Mitten's Journal

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Getting ready for Spring

I am so ready to get rid of this cold weather and it seems like my wish might be granted this weekend. We may even hit 60. I would love it.

Of course this means that spring is coming and with a new house we have new chores…gardening (yes it’s a chore when you really don’t know what you are doing), weeding, and mowing. Which means we need to buy a lawn mower. Ben wants to be eco-friendly so we are buying a push mower. I love the idea but since I don’t have to mow, I left the choice up to him. Luckily he likes the idea too. We have a very small yard so it shouldn’t be too bad. I can’t mow due to being allergic to grass. We are also going to look at getting a snow blower. Trying to catch the end of season sales so that we have a good one next year. It is amazing how heavy snow can be. Plus with having our cars parked in an alley now where they don’t plow, it would just be nice to have a snow blower. My car is in a garage but Ben’s is in an open spot so there is quite a bit of snow to remove.

We are finally going to start building our walk in closet this weekend. Yeah!!!! We already have all the closet material (Elfa from the Container Store). Now we just need to build a wall with a door so we can put the closet up. Once we build the wall, we will paint the walls. After we paint the wallsthen we will have the carpet removed and have hardwood floors put in. We are going to keep carpet on the stairs to reduce noise but the rest of the upstairs will be hardwood. We will be putting in new carpet though. Probably a berber or some other type of carpet with good traction. Right now we have a carpet that is very plush and I have slipped a couple of times on the stairs. Then lastly we will put up the closet. I’m hoping to be done in a month but realistically, if we can finish in a couple months, I will be happy.

Not much else is going on here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home